We all know how difficult it is to find a perfect fitting pair of jeans (this is the case for men too!). There are so many cuts, washes, rises, etc. I am loyal to a few brands that never seem to disappoint but have ventured out on a few other brands as of late. I tend to spend more on my denim because if I’m not in my workout gear, I’m in jeans. I feel as though it is completely worth it to invest in a few great pair every year. I will break down my favorites by category: Skinny and Bootcut/Flare. Let's get to it, shall we?
- Citizens of Humanity is hands down my favorite brand. They always work for me. I have always loved their Avedon Skinny. I also have them in black and love them just the same. You can wear them a couple times before washing. They are so soft, comfortable and truly a skinny jean; tight all the way down the leg which is how I prefer my skinny jean to fit.
- Paige also makes great denim. I've been a fan ever since they came out over 10 years ago. I really love the Verdugo Ankle Skinny. They are soft and barely stretch when you wear them. I love the ankle length because I don't have get them hemmed! Fun fact: Paige Adams-Geller is the founder of the namesake and is the only female founder in the denim industry. She was one of the top fit models in the industry and decided to start her own line. If a woman is making your jeans, you know they're going to be good. Rock on girl!
- I also love this skinny from Paige that is deconstructed. They are a bit lower rise on me (which I tend to steer away from) but with a flowy boho top they make me feel sexy and instantly comfortable and stylish. Paired with some chucks for day or booties for a night out, you're sure to impress!
- I just picked up these Pilcro Stet Skinnies from Anthropologie. This brand is new for me but so far I'm loving them. They are a higher rise (they say mid-rise but they are more of a high-rise on me), they do not stretch out and I can wear them a few times before washing. Highly recommend.
- Lastly, James Jeans Twiggy Crux is a great style and color to wear if you're feeling a bit more edgy. I love the zippers and how tight they fit without being uncomfortable or stretching out. Perfect in my book!
- McGuire denim has been inching it's way into my wardrobe in the past year. When I tell you these are the most flattering, curve hugging, leg lengthening, sucking everything in pair of bootcut jeans, I am dead serious. I am obsessed with these jeans and may just buy another pair in case mine get caught in a fire. They are pricey (even on sale at $179) but I promise you will get your money's worth on these babies. I love them. Enough said.
- Again, COH is on top of my list. I love the Fleetwood High Rise Flare (featured in above photo). Sucks it all in so you can wear with a cute top tucked in or out.
- I cannot get through this post without including Paige yet again. This woman knows what she is doing and certainly knows that every woman's body has different shapes and curves. I think she nails it with this High Rise Bell Canyon style (although I did have to get them hemmed because let's face it, I'm not 5'8") .
Those are the fits I gravitate towards but always love hearing about new brands, fits, etc. Let me know what you're loving!