It has taken me a long time to find a skincare routine that works for me. If there is ONE rule I live by it’s one that my mother taught me long ago, never go to bed without washing your face! And there isn’t a night that I don’t. Seriously. Even if I fall asleep with my kids in their beds and wake up at 2am and wonder where the hell I am, I still go into my bathroom and begin my ritual. Everyone has different skin and diets so I am certainly not an expert but I hope if you try one or more of these products it will help your skin in a positive way.
Also, I recently started using a silk pillowcase (Thanks Mom!) which is said to help with wrinkles and reduce frizziness in your hair (this I can definitely speak to…more on that later!)
Here is a list of products I use with a brief description. I've linked all items below for further description.
- Make-up Remover - RMS Raw Coconut Cream - This is hands down the best makeup remover I have ever used. I use it all over my face and eyes (it feels and smells amazing). This also comes in the form of a wipe which is wonderful for traveling or throwing in your gym bag. Sidenote: I could do a whole post on RMS. If you are not familiar with this brand, you need to do yourself a favor and check them out (especially if you prefer non-toxic and organic brands). I also love their makeup (stay tuned for my favorites, coming soon).
- Cleansers - Ever Skincare, Nutrient-Rich Cleansing Balm - I use this day and night to clean my face. Since it's a balm, it doesn't lather which took some time getting used to but I love it. On days I feel like I need the lather and a little exfoliation, I use Mario Badescu's Seaweed Cleansing Soap. I keep this in the shower and will usually use it after the gym. The exfoliation is gentle but effective.
- Moisturizer - AM: RMS Beauty Oil. This stuff is amazing. It smells wonderful and it truly gives my face a glow and moisturizes better than anything I've ever used. In fact, it's my number one recommendation in this post! PM: Ever Skincare Hydralift. This helps to firm and restore elasticity in your skin. I switch between that and Ever Skincare's Overnight Facial Oil. I have noticed a huge difference in the appearance of my skin since using this.
- Eye Creams - I use two different eye creams. One for day, Hyaluronic Eye Cream (or the Glycolic formula) from Mario Badescu and one for night, Rodan and Fields, Redefine Multi-Function Eye Cream.
- Toner - I love Caudalie's Moisturizing Toner. It's light, smells amazing and preps the skin for moisturizer or serum. I also like Beautycounter's Rosewater Mist. It smells lovely and is perfect for setting makeup.
- Tinted Moisturizer - Ever Skincare Daylight. This offers a good amount of coverage and evens skin tone but is not heavy. It also contains SPF. I have tried many tinted moisturizers and this is definitely my favorite.
- Treatment Mask - Environ Intensive Masque. I just started using this so I cannot speak to the effectiveness just yet so I will have to report back but so far so good. It is considered a "facelift in a jar" (which is obviously why I bought it!).
- Lash Treatment - Although this is not considered "skincare", I had to include it. I have been using Rodan and Fields Lash Boost since December and have noticed a dramatic change in my eyelashes. They are longer and fuller; so much so that people have noticed and commented on them. Booyah! This is the last step in my beauty routine at night (and yes, even at 2am I still put it on). Hey, if it works, it works!
I would love to hear the skincare products you can't live without!
*Some of these products include affiliate links. All opinions and suggestions are my own.