It’s hard to find time to watch TV these days. The show has to be GOOD for me to commit. Thankfully there are some great options out there (Hello! Amazon Prime, Netflix, Showtime & HBO). There are a few shows I cannot wait to watch after a long day and getting kids to bed.
Let's start with Amazon Prime Video. This is free if you have an Amazon Prime account. You can stream via their website, on their app or even on your TV.
- I just finished the first season of Goliath. I have to admit, I was never a huge fan of Billy Bob Thornton. Maybe it was Angelina Jolie’s blood vile necklace that turned me off but I have to say the man is a good actor. He is definitely growing on me and he actually won the Golden Globe for his performance in this drama. Thornton plays a washed up attorney who lands a big case and is put up against his old firm and nemesis played by William Hurt. Lots of scandal and twists. I highly recommend it and season 2 has been confirmed. YES!
- I just started Sneaky Pete but so far, so (really) good. I have been watching this show every free night I have. It stars Giovanni Ribisi, who I love. Ribisi assumes the identity of his cellmate when he is released from prison to avoid his old ganster boss, played by Brian Cranston. He gets himself into all kinds of trouble playing "Pete" whose family owns a bail bond business. The acting is great in this crime drama. A must watch in my opinion!
On to Netflix...
- Bloodline is SO GOOD. The third and final season begins one week from today. I cannot wait. A black sheep brother returns home after a long hiatus. This causes major drama and everything starts to fall apart when family secrets are revealed. My husband and I binge watch two to three episodes every night until it's over. I'm going to be sad when this one is over. And if you need another good reason to watch it, it stars Kyle Chandler (for all you Friday Night Lights fans) who is easy on the eyes.
- Stranger Things is another series I recently started and have only watched a couple episodes. It is definitely strange, it's Sci-Fi meets Poltergeist but I'm getting into it. Every episode so far has me wanting to know what happens next.
- House of Cards - With four seasons under it's belt, I'm sure many of you have watched House of Cards. Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright are the perfect pair. Their characters are ruthless in this well written drama. If you haven't seen it, now is the time to start binge watching because it returns May 30th with a new season.
Next up, Showtime...
- Liev Schreiber (excuse me while I wipe the drool off my face) plays Ray Donovan. His character can fix any problem for the rich and famous in Hollywood but his families problems are always much bigger and more difficult to manuveur. Jon Voight stars as Ray's father and is often the root of the drama. Season 5 starts August 6th!
- The Affair is one of those shows that I was unsure about when I first starting watching it. On every episode they show two perspectives on how something happened from two different characters. After a few episodes, it grew on me so I've watched every episode. Season 4 should be out by the end of the year.
- I've also been a big fan of Homeland since it first came out. Although, I am having the hardest time getting into the latest season. Does anyone else feel like that? I've heard it does get better and to stick with it.
- Big Little Lies has already come and gone with only seven episodes but it is completely worth mentioning. Many of you may have already watched it, but if you haven't, it is a must see. The series is based on the novel by Liane Moriarty. It stars three of my favorite actresses: Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman and Laura Dern. It sucks you in right from the beginning with a flash forward of a murder scene. The show takes place in the breathtaking north coast of California (Monterey). It follows the wealthy and not always transparent lives of five women (all whom have children that attend school together). Disagreements, spousal abuse and some fiery characters make you come back wanting more of this addicting show. There are rumors that there could be a sequel but Liane will have to come up with a story line because there was no book to follow BLL.
- Enlightened - This show is from 2013 but you can find it on demand. I thought to mention it because Laura Dern is the star. Unfortunately this show only lasted 2 seasons…why does that always happen to really good shows? It was one of my favorites while it was on. Dern’s character was so flawed but she was REALLY good in it. She won a well deserved Golden Globe for the role. The show’s writing is fantastic with amazing humor that had me laughing out loud.
What are you watching? Share your favorites...old or new.