When my Dad passed away in 2014, Scott and I started the tradition of coming to Lake Winnipesaukee for our summer vacation. I grew up coming here and it seemed like the perfect time for our family to do the same. My parents would rent a house on the lake for a week and my sister and I each got to bring a friend. We had a boat and spent many days cruising the lake, jumping in the water and flying off an inner tube because my Dad would get a kick out of it. My Dad taught me how to fish here and just a couple days ago, my son caught his first fish here. I want my kids to have all the wonderful memories I had as a kid and I couldn't think of a better place.
Being on the lake is low key, no need to get dressed up. Every place is super casual which is just what I like while on vacation. Below you'll find what I packed (or similar) for both lake style and essentials.
- Graphic tops have been on heavy rotation in my closet this summer. This top says it perfectly. It's super soft and comfy. This tank is great for the boat and because I'm always sad to see summer end, I've been wearing this one non-stop.
- Cut off shorts are a summer staple. I love the uneven and raw hem on these.
- Reef makes the most comfortable flip flops. I'm dying over the scalloped detail on this pair.
- This suit is perfect for jumping off the boat. You won't be losing your bottoms ;)
- I always bring a couple hats. I just bought this one and have a similar fedora.
- Don't forget to pack a soft and warm cardigan to keep you covered on a cool night. I own this one and LOVE it.
- I always bring a warm sweatshirt too. This one will always be my staple and this one doesn't need any explaining.
- Since it can get cool at night, I usually change into some distressed jeans or my favorite leggings.
- A trip to the lake wouldn't be complete without some Vans for walking around town.
- And of course, you'll need some shades. These and these are my current favorites.
- Since I'm swimming in the lake quite a bit, I'm washing my hair more than I normally do which can make it dry. I use this coconut oil for a treatment. It makes my hair so soft and it's much cheaper than buying a deep conditioner at the salon.
- I swear by this sunscreen for my kids. They have never gotten a burn with it. It is thick to apply but it really works great.
- Good towels are a must. I love an oversized one to dry me off and the kids love to snuggle up in them on the boat.
- I keep my wine ice cold when I use this Yeti rambler.
- Roberta Roller Rabbit makes the best cover ups. Loving this one.
- A boat bag to store all your towels and sunscreen.
- This clear pouch to keep your phone, lip balm, etc. from getting wet.
- My favorite tinted moisturizer with SPF.
- Lip balm with SPF, love this three pack.
- A float, for floating of course!
Disclaimer: I get commission for purchases or clicks made through links in this post.