Happy Friday!!! If you enjoy a good charcuterie and cheese board than you'll enjoy today's post. I love to entertain family and friends at our home and most holidays take place in our very kitchen. Charcuterie and cheese boards are my go-to for an easy, everybody loves appetizer. You can feature as many items as you like and there is no wrong way of creating a board. Your guests can pick and choose from an array of items so there is always something for everyone.
A good rule of thumb for creating a show stopper board is was follows:
- At least one hard cheese (Parmesan, Gouda, Cheddar or Provolone) and one soft (Brie, Blue, Mozzarella or homemade whipped Feta spread as featured above...I share my recipe below).
- Variety of meats: Sopresatta, Salami, Proscuitto, Pepperoni or your favorite cured meat
- Dips such as hummus, mustard or jam
- Fruit: Grapes, Strawberries and Figs hold up well. Dried fruits also work and look great!
- Veggies: Peppers (raw or roasted), Artichokes (marinated)
- Olives (a must with cheese!), use a variety
- Nuts: Almonds or Pecans
- Crackers, Breadsticks, Crostini and Pita Chips for dipping
- A wood, marble, slate or ceramic board. The bigger the better!
Whipped Feta Spread
This is one of my all time favorite spreads to make. It is so simple and everyone loves it.
- 8-10 ounces feta, crumbled
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup olive oil (I often use a lemon olive oil, like this one)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest plus 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Kosher or Pink Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Optional - 1-2 garlic cloves roughly chopped, 1 tablespoon of fresh herbs such as oregano or basil
In a food processor, pulse feta, cream cheese, lemon juice and optional garlic and herbs until blended. Slowly add in olive oil until a smooth but still thick consistency forms. Finish with salt and pepper to taste. I always top with the fresh lemon zest, a fresh herb (if I've used it in the spread) and a sprinkle of olive oil.
Below are some great options to make your cheese board stand out. Click each picture for details.
For more great ideas on entertaining, be sure to follow me on Pinterest!
Disclaimer: I receive commission for purchases or clicks made through links in this post. All opinions are my own.