New Year, New Goals
There is something about a "clean slate" and starting a new year that makes me excited. I have so many things that I want to do this year, personally and professionally. I thought I would share some of my goals with you. Writing them down helps keep me accountable.
- Slow down and enjoy every moment with my children. Life is going by SO fast. Lately I find myself yearning for the days when my kids were babies. I want to soak up as much as possible, especially before my youngest goes off to kindergarten in the fall.
- Stress less about the things I cannot change. This has been a difficult one for me the last few years. Getting older and losing my Dad have played a big role.
- Do more yoga. It makes me feel amazing and it certainly would help with #2!
- Family vacations. We really despise the cold so going somewhere warm in the winter with the kids has become a family MUST. During the recent bombogenesis we booked a trip to Ft. Myers, FL for Red Sox spring training and beach/relaxation. Cannot wait!
- Attend church more often. I grew up going to church every Sunday but stopped after high school. We recently started bringing the kids and it feels so good to do so. Liam really enjoys it and loves to sing the songs. I always leave with a happy and thankful heart.
- Work on my time management. I stink at this. Any tips??
- Organize my house. This is a piggy back to last year's resolution to be more organized. I did mediocre. This year I want to tackle all those projects that are making me crazy. An organized home makes life easier.
- Strive to be my best self and continue healing from losing my Dad.
- Blog 4-5 times per week. I have so many ideas and things that I plan to share with you this year. To give you an idea: more recipes, before/after home projects, fitness, mom life, style/beauty tutorials, guest posts and of course, more outfit styling. What posts do you enjoy reading? Is there anything you would like to see more of?
- Make to-do lists! This really falls under time management for me. My plan is to sit down every night and write out my to-do list for the next day. I will report back on how this is working.
- Collaborate with local shops/stores/salons.
- Be fearless. Take more chances.
- Read more. Educate myself. There is always more to learn.
Wow....that's a lot, but I'm ready! I hope some of these inspire you too. I feel like we are all a work in progress...a beautiful mess. So let's raise one another up. Stop any criticism of yourself and continue to be you. Life is truly a gift.