Favorite Makeup Products
This is one of those posts that I love to read in magazines and on other blogs. Beauty is a billion dollar business that doesn't seem to be slowing down. The makeup category alone sold $8.1 Billion in the U.S. in 2017 (source). That is a lot of moola! It is also reported that women will spend $15,000 on makeup in their lifetime. Yeah, insane.
I love how makeup gives your skin an instant glow when you're feeling tired and hides the imperfections when your skin isn't at it's finest. Yes, we all have our inner beauty and shouldn't have to rely on makeup, but it sure does make you look put together! This gal isn't heading out to dinner on Saturday night without a whole face of it. So, let's get to my favorites.
*Affilliate links included in this post. All opinions are my own.
- I received a sample of this primer and quickly became obsessed. It gives a nice glow so you could also wear it alone. If you prefer a matte primer, I also use this one and I'm very happy with it.
- This foundation has become my staple. My mom actually commented on my skin and asked what I was using. She is now a fan too! I am fair/medium and I use the shade Ecru.
- This creamy concealer does a great job at hiding the undereye circles and goes on so smoothly.
- My eyelids are very pink so I need to use a primer on my eyes. This product is heaven. Technically it's a creamy eye shadow but I use it as a primer. It definitely makes my eyeshadow last longer. It glides on so smoothly and provides a matte finish. I use the shade Painterly.
- If you are going to use one eyeshadow palette, this is the one you need. It provides all the colors you need to take you from day to night (including base colors). The palette color is "Golden Hour".
- By far the best mascara I have used in a long time. It does not clump at all and provides a natural but volumizing/lengthing lash. I must be on my fifth or sixth tube of it, so you know it must be good!
- I use two different blushes depending on the day. This one (in shade orgasm) is usually my go-to but I also like this one (in shade paaarty) as well.
- This brow pencil is super simple to use and even comes with a brush on the other end.
- I add a bit of this highlighter to my brow bone, cheek bone and any place else that I want a little glow.
- Out of all the products mentioned today, I have used this bronzer the longest. It is perfect for that sunkissed look.
- My absolute favorite lip color (in gorgeous pink) for spring and summer.
- If I'm opting for a straight-up lipstick, this one is at the top of my list (in shade antique pink)
- I top my lip color with this gloss (in color boho) for the perfect shine.
Happy Friday, enjoy the long weekend!